Desperately Seeking Slender
This site is all about personal experiences with weight loss and gastric bypass surgery. I’m not a doctor and I’m not a nutritionist. I am someone who will be bluntly and completely honest with you about my experiences. I’m sure the domain name here says it all.
Let me tell you a little bit about why I am here, and why DespereatelySeekingSlender.com exists…
So first of all, Hi I’m Pandora, I had a Gastric Bypass in October of 2010 and I’ve lost over 250 lbs
To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask? – Jim Rohn
This is a quote that someone once read to me. They also told me that in life you were either part of the solution to a problem or you were part of the problem yourself.
This is why DesperaatelySeekingSlender.com exists. I asked myself what I could do, what I could read and who I could ask, and I realized that at the time, I didn’t feel like I had anyone. So then I decided that perhaps I could write what others would read and be someone they could ask. I could share my journey so that others before me might help me get farther when they read it and so that those behind me might gain someone from reading my experiences as they begin the same journey I have embarked on.
I’ll be sharing every part of my journey I possibly can here. I invite you to join me. Comment on my blog posts, email me, send me links to your sites, together we can help each other be successful and help ease the pain of feeling defeated when we fall short of our dreams.
There is a quote that I have been keeping in mind as I embark on this journey this time around, something I saw on the wall of a gym that Bob Harper trains in. It said
“Get up and finish what you started.”
– Bob Harper
This has been my motivating thought for quite a few weeks now.
I’m not finished, in truth I have hardly begun, but I will finish and I will push myself, and I will share that journey here every step of the way.
Welcome to DesperatelySeekingSlender.com and welcome to my weight loss journey.
My Journey ( The Short Version )
- March 2010 – Decided to have Weight Loss Surgery
- June 2010 – Attended Seminar for Weight Loss Surgery
- July 2010 – Began Pre-Operative Requirements for Weight Loss Surgery
- July 2010 – Weighed in at 395 pounds
- October 2010 – RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery Weighted in at 333 pounds
- December 2010 – Twoterville! 299 lb.
- December 2010 – Century Club! 295 lb. ( 100 lb. Lost )
- January 2011 – My Father’s stroke ( 3 months in CA )
- June 2011 – Century Club x2 219lbs ( 200 lb. Lost )
- July 2011 – My Father passed away
- July 2011 – Broken Foot ( 8 weeks on crutches )
- October 2011 – ONEDERLAND!! – 199 lb.
- October 2011 – One year post follow up @ surgeons goal of 195 lb.
- December 2011 – Consult with Plastic Surgeon
- February 2012 – Body Reconstruction Surgery #1
- August 2012 – Body Reconstruction Surgery #2
- October 2012 – All Time Low Weight 155 lb.
- November 2012 – Body Reconstruction Surgery #3
- October 2013 – Stabilized Weight 165 lb.
- July 2013 – Body Reconstruction Surgery #4
- March 2014 – Maintenance Weight 165-170 lb.