I got an email last week from the WEGO Health Activist Awards informing me that I had been nominated for one of the Awards. What an honor. I doubt I will win, I never win anything, but it is still quite an honor to be nominated.
From: Susan Mees [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 7:53 AM
Subject: You’ve Been Nominated for a WEGO Health Activist Award
Congratulations – someone in your community has taken the time to draw attention to your efforts during 2012 and wants to make sure you are recognized.
You have been nominated for the Best Kept Secret Award in this year’s WEGO Health Activist Awards!
Nominations (like yours) are open through December 31st, 2012, after which judging will begin – we’ll be in touch with more updates on your progress.
Meanwhile, there are 2 quick ways to get more involved:
Ask your readers to endorse your nomination by putting our badge on your blog. Their endorsements won’t affect your standing but other nominees have had a great response to the badge. Just paste this code into your blog: *NOTE* The endorsement code didn’t work for me 🙁
Nominate someone! There are 16 award categories and there’s no limit to the number of people you can nominate with our quick form: http://info.wegohealth.com/health-activist-awards-2012/
Thanks for everything you’ve done this year and congratulations again! Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise we’ll keep you posted.
Now you know me, I had to of course go Nominate ALL my friends for awards that I thought suited them. I encourage you to endorse my nominations and go to the website and nominate these people yourself. It only takes a few minutes of your time.
- Best Ensemble Cast – A group who advocates and raises awareness: Obesity Action Coalition ( OAC )
- Best in Show: Blog – Someone who exemplifies the use of blogging: Michelle Vicari ( WorldAccordingtoEggface )
- Best in Show: Community/Forum – Someone who exemplifies the use of a community or forum: Beth Sheldon ( Bariatric Bad Girls Club )
- Health Activist Hero – An inspiring, supportive, and knowledgeable Health Activist: Rain Hampton ( Afterthefat.com )
- Unsung Hero Award – The member of your community who may not know how amazing and valuable they are: WaningWoman ( WaningWoman.com )
Of course if you don’t mind, please also Endorse my Nominations for Best Kept Secret! To do so just click on the link, type in your email address and hit the “Endorse Me” button. Then you can share your Endorsement on Twitter and Facebook after.