SECOND How Do You Celebrate Success Contest
But now it’s time for the SECOND contest and a Second Chance for YOU to tell me….
How do YOU Celebrate Success?
Our old selves celebrated with food. Birthdays, holidays, weddings, milestones — all have food accompaniments!
But in this new life, where we’re trying so hard to disconnect food from emotion, we can’t turn to food (at least not all the time). So how do we mark life’s important moments?
That’s what I’m challenging you to ask yourself. How do YOU celebrate success?
Two years ago, my father passed away. He was one of the biggest champions in my weight loss journey. To help cope with his death I began running. It wasn’t easy at first. I could barely get around the block! But in June of 2013 I ran my first half marathon — a personal 13.1 miles! — in honor of my dad on Father’s Day.
That’s how I celebrate success. Accomplishing that 13.1 mile run was one of the greatest triumphs in my life and it reminded me that who I am now is not who I was before.
Since then I have run four more Half Marathons; my last one was the RunDisney Tinker Bell Half Marathon that I took our first “How do YOU Celebrate Success” contest winner to. Now I want to do it again, this time I’m after a new goal; I want to get my RunDisney Coast to Coast Medal as I cross another finish line and I want to help someone else cross the finish line in the process. I want to extend the invitation for one of you to experience the awesome sense of empowerment and achievement that finishing 13.1 miles in celebration of your success brings!
That’s why one of you will win a trip to run with me in the RunDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL November 07-09, 2014.
Your trip will include: Airfare, Hotel Accommodations, Ground Transportation, Race Entry Fees, Basic Medal Engraving upon event completion and a (3) Three-Day Park Hopper pass allowing you entrance to all four theme parks–Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. (You will need to provide your own food.)
“What? Pandora, I can’t run a half-marathon!”
Sure you can! And I’m going to help you! I’ve done this sort of thing before! I’ll provide the training schedule and the motivation if you provide the desire.
We will be training in two sessions starting March 16, 2014 – June 15, 2014 and again June 21, 2014 – November 09, 2014 – You will follow my coaching and training as we complete a 13-week Couch to 10K program and then will break for a week before picking it up again in a 20-week to Half Marathon Training schedule and I am confident that if you are committed to the training schedule and follow my advice we can have even a novice runner ready to make the 16 minute per mile RunDisney pace requirement by November.
Here’s how you enter to win:
- Tell me how YOU celebrate success in a non-food oriented manner by submitting a written essay (1,000 words or less) or a video essay (5 minutes or less). Entries must be received by 11:59pm Sunday March 02, 2014
- You may enter by sending your essay, video or link to video (if you upload it to your YouTube channel) to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “How Do You Celebrate Success” in your email.
- The winner will be announced March 03, 2014
- Email with entry must include your name, address, and a telephone number so that you can be reached on March 03, 2014 to get race registration information.
- YOU MUST “Like” All of the Sponsors Facebook Pages and the [Desperately Seeking Slender Facebook Fan Page] to be eligible to enter. Links are provided below.
- By submitting an entry, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand and agree to the [ Contest Rules and Regulations ] Be sure to read the rules as they have changed this time around!
Team Slender Seekers Sponsors:
[ Like BariMelts on Facebook ]