This Recipe came from my good friend Xeniak over at Thinner Times
Thank you hun was a big hit at my house!
Xeniak’s General Tso Chicken
Makes 8 – ½ Cup Servings of both Chicken & Riced Cauliflower
Calories: 173 Fat: 7.5 Carbs: 7.5 Protein: 19 ( Add 18 Calories when using Riced Cauliflower )
- 2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast ( 886 Calories )
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil ( or Pam ) for skillet ( 119 Calories )
- 5 Garlic Clove ( Crushed ) ( 22 Calories )
- ½ TSP Ginger ( 3 Calories )
- 2 TSP Red Pepper Flakes ( 11 Calories )
- ½ Cup Apple Juice Substitute ( 8 Calories )
- 4 TBSP Ketchup ( 60 Calories )
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice ( 13 Calories )
- ½ Cup Water
- 2/3 Cup Soy Sauce ( 89 Calories )
- 1/4 Medium Onion ( 26 Calories )
- 2 Spoons Sesame Seed ( 107 Calories )
- 1 Cup Green Onions ( Chopped ) ( 32 Calories )
- On high heat start a skillet with oil until very hot
- Add Chicken and stir. You don’t have to cook though. Turn down heat when chicken looks brown.
- Add Onions and seeds and cook until onions start to brown.
- In a separate pot mix all remaining ingredients, stir well, salt & pepper to taste then add chicken and onion mixture.
- Make sure chicken is covered and let it boil on low heat for over an hour.
- Served over Riced Cauliflower.
Riced Cauliflower: ( About 18 Calories per 1/2 Cup of Riced Cauliflower )
- Process fresh cauliflower until it is the size of rice, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held cheese grater.
- Microwave it in a covered dish for 4-5 minutes. DO NOT ADD WATER.
Serve warm with General Tso Chicken Topping