It’s just a little after midnight and it’s New Year’s Eve, but it won’t be until this time tomorrow we are all celebrating.
This time last year Dec. 31, 2011 I was baking a Sugar Free Sacre Torte for my Austrian Jewish “Second Father” Tom as he is one of those babies that just had to ruin his Mother’s New Year’s Eve Party by deciding to be born. I was also spending my first Holiday Season without my own Father still present in the world and that was rough.
This time two years ago, Dec 31, 2010 I was celebrating my first “Healthy Christmas” I had just lost my first 100 lb. and I was really excited about all of the first’s i was experiencing. I was also as usual, frustrated and insecure with my weight loss and stressing out as I compared myself to everyone else and went all OCD on my numbers on New Years.
This year Dec 31, 2012 finds me at 165 lb. ( I am 15 lb. away from my “Goal Weight” ) I am also 4 weeks post op my third set of reconstructive plastic surgeries this year and have a bit of swelling still on board. I now have the addition of Heather in my life. She moved in towards the beginning of the year to be here to help me after my surgeries and is staying of course. This had a lot of big positive life moments for me in it and I will be sure to talk about a lot of them in my A Year in Reflect post next week, but tonight is about where I want to be this time next year and what I am going to do to get there. Tonight is about my New Years Resolutions, Goals, Dreams, and Wishes. You see, I think you have to approach each New Year with realistic resolutions, attainable goals, big dreams and wishes that might come true. You might not meet them all or achieve them all, but each one has a special place in your chosen path and decision-making in the year to come.
I like to do things in 5s so I have 5 spots on each of my list:
First up: Resolutions: Things I plan to change in 2013
- 1. Wake up each day with a Positive Affirmation.
- 2. Say “I love you” to someone I love every day.
- 3. Pay off more bills than I rack up.
- 4. Spend more time with my chosen Family.
- 5. Work on my Body Dimorphic Issues
Now my Goals: Things I would really like to achieve in 2013
- 1. Become a Certified Personal Trainer
- 2. Open my own business as a Personal Trainer
- 3. Save $3000 towards a down payment on a house.
- 4. Work on getting everyone in the household’s Dental Work started.
- 5. Get a Walk from Obesity happening in Portland/Vancouver area.
My Fitness & Medical Goals for 2013
- 1. Take my Vitamins on a regular basis.
- 2. Run a 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon
- 3. Work on improving my foot health and dental health
- 4. Finish up the final touches of Plastic Surgery ( Things my Insurance wouldn’t cover & Touch Ups )
- 5. Reach and maintain a Normal BMI weight range ( 112- 150 )
My Dreams for 2013 – They are big you know, like too big to really be attainable without a miracle.
- 1. Get my own Weight Loss Show on Television.
- 2. Help Fund someone else’s Bariatric Surgery or Skin Removal Surgery
- 3. Visit Walk Disney World
- 4. Work with Chris & Heidi Powell
- 5. Buy a House
My Wishes for 2013
- 1. I wish my friends and family would try to work on being more positive.
- 2. I wish nobody in my life smoked cigarettes.
- 3. I wish was happy with a “Healthy Weight” and not chasing an “Ideal Weight”
- 4. I wish I could get all the Bariatric Surgery Centers in OR to let me work with their patients on Post OP Fitness.
- 5. I wish I could meet Chris Powell, P!nk, Ellen DeGeneres and NKOTB
We’ll see how many of these things I manage to do in 2013 this time next year. 🙂
Have you made you New Years Lists yet? Tell me what is on your lists, I’d love to hear!
Maybe if we have some of the same ones we can work on them together in some Desperately Seeking Slender Challenges or something 🙂